To get started on creating your marketing plan, check out Part 1 and Part 2 first. For specific release day ideas…keep reading!
Facebook Release Party
Create an “Event” on FB, then add details of where/when, who’s participating, prizes, games, etc.
Invite Friends and Readers and encourage them to invite more people.
- “Who invited you?” giveaway can be a great way to encourage more invites.
Invite other authors
- Share the burden and fans: Invite authors to participate or “takeover” during the party with their own games/giveaways/etc.
- More games and prizes means more fun.
- Other authors bring in their fans to learn about your books and your fans learn about other authors as well.
- “Caption this!” – Find a funny or strange picture and ask for captions. All captions earn an entry and you can either pick the best as the winner or pick at random.
- Book themed i.e. Bad Date Stories for my Date Shark series, or favorite myth for my Twin Souls series
- “Like My Page,” “Signup for my newsletter,” “Follow me on…” are great ways to build followers and are an easy giveaway entry form
- Costume Party (post pic of costume to enter giveway)
- Task oriented games, i.e. go to my website and find all the pink letters and unscramble the word.
- Ebooks, signed books, bookmarks, postcards, swag, name a character, etc. Be creative and personalize as much as you can.
- Guests may have been invited by someone else and don’t know about your book. Interest them with teasers/excerpts in the form of images and/or quotes.
- 2-3 hours is common. If you want to include more authors and cover more time zones, a longer All Day event can work well.
- May want to leave games open 24 hours for international guests
Create your own Hashtag #DelShereesReleaseParty
- This is how people follow the discussion
Play Question and Picture based games
- Replies enter them in giveaway
- RT enters giveaway. Use this to have a lot of people retweet information about your book.
- 1-2 hours, close giveaways at the end so it easier to track entries.